That is where epos systems come in. It is a combination of technology, reliability and efficiency which has made it an increasingly popular choice for business.
WHAT IS AN EPOS SYSTEM?
EPOS stands for Electronic Point of Sale, and is a computerized system used in stores, restaurants and other retail outlets. Essentially an electronic way of letting people pay for goods and services. There are a variety of uses such as:
- Helping to improve the way a business performs
- Allows information and stock to be stored securely
- Information can be retrieved immediately as and when needed
- Allows a business to see what products are in demand
- It can print out receipts and vouchers for customers
- It can also be linked to a company website or any terminal within the business
HOW DO EPOS SYSTEMS WORK?
It comprise of computer hardware, peripherals and software perfectly suited to a point of sales environment. Some common components of epos systems are chip and pin, customer displays, weighing scales etc.
It supports data entry through a variety of devices such as computer keyboards, touchscreen monitors and barcode scanners. In a high demand environment such as supermarket, an EPOS system can be configured to work in tandem with barcode scanners to ensure price accuracy and allowing their staff members to work quickly.
It is adapted to suit a variety of different working environments to ensure that the system is uniquely suited to a particular business. It is used for the following:
- Recording sales
- Updating stock levels
- Providing accurate pricing information
- Enable fast and efficient customer service
- Keeping track of sales and taxes
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING AN EPOS SYSTEM?
There are a number of benefits in using the system for a long term which include:
- It ensures accurate pricing
- Faster transactions
- Reduces human error
- Improves data integrity
- Prices can be changed easily for special offers
- Provides accurate sales reporting
- Enables constantly updated inventory for accounting, marketing and sales
At times when companies and businesses try to be as cash savvy and save as much money as they can, there is also a need to consider the long term cost saving that using an epos systems can glean. Can notice savings on employee time and accounting, improve efficiency of stock control and also be a starting point to create a database for customers and their behavior.
The most important thing about epos systems are, they can be tailored to your individual and specific business needs. Apart from store purchases, online ordering, telephone sales and catalogues, epos is another vital addition in the list of multi channel retailing that offer benefits for your company and customers.
EPOS systems are built and designed to fulfill the needs of various businesses.
source : http://www.sooperarticles.com/business-articles/epos-systems-their-working-1616218.html